If you’re struggling with sleep then the below protocol will get you sleep-ready and feeling refreshed in no time.
- Begin with a sauna session: Start with a 10-15 minute session in the sauna. This will help raise your body temperature and promote relaxation.
- Follow with red light therapy: After your sauna session, dry yourself and go into the red light room. Expose your skin to the red light for 10-15 minutes, depending on your tolerance level. This will help promote relaxation and aid in sleep. If you are waking up at a certain time of night eg 3 am try and line your red light session 12 hours prior to line up your circadian rhythm.
- Take a cold plunge: After your red light therapy session, take a quick dip in a cold plunge. This may help lower your body temperature, which can promote sleep. Keep the time short and under 4 mins.
- Rest and relax: After your cold plunge, rest and relax for a few minutes in one of our chill out chairs around the pool or in the garden. This protocol does not need to be cycled.
- Get sunlight into your eyes as soon as you wake up to kick start your circadian rhythm. Do this daily. A five-minute walk in the morning while getting exposure to the sun is essential for good sleep habits.
The suggested frequency is once to twice a week, although sauna and cold exposure can be beneficial if used daily.
It’s important to note that this protocol may not be suitable for everyone and should be customized based on individual needs and preferences. It’s also important to stay hydrated throughout the process and listen to your body’s signals. If you experience any discomfort or adverse effects, stop the therapy immediately. If your are feeling extremely sleep-deprived it’s important you keep safe using any of the services in Heal Hub.
After that protocol, avoid intense exercises like HIIT classes, and heavy weight lifting, so that your nervous system isn’t stimulated before bedtime, light food, no caffeine intake and reduced screen time will also optimize your session.
We encourage you to get a massage, and/or cranio-sacral therapy afterwards to get the best possible results.