Heal Hub operates one of (if not) the largest ice baths/cool pools in the UAE. Our facility has cold water immersion ingrained into the cornerstone of patient welfare. We promote all those who are befitting to try. Our cool pool is outside so you can sink into our 8-degree water while the sun shines on your face. In keeping with the original and foundational roots of cold water immersion, we encourage people to book with friends, colleagues, and family. We can accommodate up to 8 people at once. Overcoming the cold is a bonding experience to be shared, however we can accommodate for the lone wolf as well.
Cold Plunge / Ice Bath Dubai
We suggest booking an ice bath after seeing one of our therapists, working out in our rooftop gym, or even finishing a long run along the kite beach running track (straight in front of our door). We have top-of-the-range changing facilities and showers so you can train, rehab, ice bath, and get going to where you need to be. Time is of the essence but your health doesn’t need to be.
Ice Bath Benefits Include:
Enhanced circulation of the blood
Cardiovascular circulation is one of the most important processes of the human body. Without a healthy and strong circulation, the blood flow of the entire body gets compromised. Cold Water Immersion boosts the cardiovascular circulation, which is beneficial for a healthy heart, a strong immune system, well-balanced mental health, and a high level of energy.
Reduced inflammation of muscle
After participating in a high-intensity workout, the muscles can feel sore for a couple of days. This is because of microscopic tears in the fibers of the trained muscles, and inflammation of the muscle tissue. This type of soreness, also known as ‘delayed onset muscle soreness’ (DOMS), can be very painful. Scientifically, it has been proven that Cold Water Immersion helps to reduce muscle inflammation. The temperature of the water lowers the damage of the affected tissue, and reduces further swelling.
Cold Water Immersion can be of great help when it comes to weight loss. When practiced on a regular basis, Cold Water Immersion is able to increase the metabolic rate by as much as 16%. As a result of immersing the body into cold water, the body has to work hard to maintain its normal internal temperature. During this process, the metabolic rate increases in order to produce heat for the body. When practiced consistently, this can result in a loss of weight.
Sauna in Dubai
- Supercharge your cell power. Heat has been proven to positively impact your mitochondria, the ‘batteries’ powering your cells, helping your body naturally produce more energy and stay fit.
- Slow down Father Time (aka: aging!). Cell regeneration means you slow the aging process. And if you’re not quite convinced, check out the 20 year study of Finnish men that links two to three sauna sessions per week with a 23% decreased risk of death from cardiovascular disease.
- Detoxify heavy metals and chemicals. Everyday exposure to potentially toxic heavy metals through a variety of sources means even the most health conscious people still have toxins in the body. Regular sauna bathing helps excrete toxins such as arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury.
- promotes wound healing and tissue repair
- improves hair growth in people with androgenic alopecia
- help for the short-term treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome
- stimulates healing of slow-healing wounds, like diabetic foot ulcersreduces psoriasis lesions
- aids with short-term relief of pain and morning stiffness in people with rheumatoid arthritis
- reduces some of the side effects of cancer treatments, including oral mucositise
- improves skin complexion and builds collagen to diminish wrinkles
- helps to mend sun damage
- prevents recurring cold sores from herpes simplex virus infections
- improves the health of joints in people with degenerative osteoarthritis of the knee
- helps diminish scars
- relieves pain and inflammation in people with pain in the Achilles tendons
Red Light Therapy Dubai
Red light is thought to work by producing a biochemical effect in cells that strengthens the mitochondria. The mitochondria are the powerhouse of the cell — it’s where the cell’s energy is created. The energy-carrying molecule found in the cells of all living things is called ATP (adenosine triphosphate).
By increasing the function of the mitochondria using RLT, a cell can make more ATP. With more energy, cells can function more efficiently, rejuvenate themselves, and repair damage.
- Make your heart happy and healthy. A 2018 study found that sauna bathing four to seven times per week reduces the risk of death from cardiovascular disease by as much as 58%.
- Reduce blood pressure. Sauna heat helps widen blood vessels and improve circulation, which reduces blood pressure.
- Optimize athletic performance. Blood flow improvements from hyperthermic conditioning (heat conditioning) sends more blood to the heart, leading to an increase in plasma and red blood cell volume. That process delivers more oxygen throughout the body, fueling athletic performance.
- Improve muscle function and recovery. As more blood flow and oxygen is delivered throughout the body, muscles increase in size and muscle breakdown is diminished. One study showed that two, one-hour sauna sessions for seven days straight increases production of the human growth hormone (HGH) by two to five times.
- Fuel weight loss. Regular sauna use is shown to regulate the appetite, increase metabolism, and improve oxygen utilization, helping to fuel weight loss along with a reduction in body fat.
- Boost brain function. The brain-derived neurotrophic factor, or BDNF increases with regular sauna use, activating the growth of new brain cells, better maintaining existing cells, and improving neuroplasticity, the brain’s process for forming new neural connections.
- Ignite your immune system. Heat exposure from sauna use increases the heat shock protein, stimulating antigen-presenting cells, along with releasing cytokine, thus stimulating the body’s natural immune system.
- BONUS BENEFIT: improve emotional health and mood. When your body and brain are healthy, detoxified, and destressed, and you’ve boosted endorphins, your overall mood and emotional health improves.